Environmental Innovation Award
- - The development of innovative technology, processes or techniques or the adaptation of existing technologies, processes or techniques.
- - Excellence in the approach to development of new environmental technologies, processes or techniques – through effective collaboration, knowledge transfer and partnership.
- - The use of new technologies, processes or techniques or novel uses of existing technology, processes or techniques – i.e. successful technology commercialisation, innovating to translate excellence in science into commercially successful ideas.
Built Environment Award
The judges are looking for projects which demonstrate innovation and a serious commitment to environmental excellence, in each of the two Built Environment categories. They will be looking for:
- - Descriptions of the innovations and the context in which they have been used.
- - Evidence of building refurbishment that maximises resource efficiency in design and construction and minimises environmental impact, or;
- Evidence of newbuild that exemplifies environmental excellence in design, construction and use.
Combating Climate Change Award
The judges are looking for businesses which have gone the extra mile to incorporate climate change into their decision making process. This could include mitigating their impact directly through their supply chains, through new products or services, or through adaptations to current or future climate change risks. Particular attention will be paid to evidence of:
- - Improving environmental practice, procurement, responsibility and/or leadership, which has an impact that reaches beyond the business itself.
- - Employee engagement through clear effective communication.
- - The implementation of environmental technologies and processes to improve resource and energy efficiency.
- - The impact the measures have had on the wider environment.
Best Environmental Practice Award
- - Evidence of a commitment to environmental improvements as part of business operations.
- - Clear evidence or quantification of the business benefits of environmental improvements implemented.
- - How companies have done more than just the minimum, going over and above what is required by law.
- - A systematic programme of improvements within the business.
Media and Communications Award
- - Whether the reporting and/or campaign content is balanced and fair.
- - The originality of the story or concept.
- - The creativity and quality shown in the final piece.
- A commitment to covering/promoting issues of regeneration, the environment and sustainable business.
Environmental Leadership Award
The judges will be looking for individuals or teams who have made a real difference by successfully championing the environment in their workplace. Equal consideration will be given to initiatives of any scale, within companies of any size. Judges will be particularly looking for evidence of:
- - Leadership – how the individual or team has gone beyond what would have reasonably been expected and inspired others.
- - Innovation.
- Positive impact.